Situated off Fulbridge Road just before you get to Paston Church heading away from the city is Itter Park.
The park was donated to the City of Peterborough in memory of the late former Mayor Arthur Itter by his family.
It was formally opened on the 12th June 1936.
Arthur Itter was only in office as mayor for 2 months before he died at the early age of 35 from a sudden illness. His family felt that this was the type of project he would have been interested in had he lived longer. The original cost for the park was around £4000.
A further 4 acres adjacent to the recreation ground was later acquired in 1937 for the sum of around £4700. Although there was great debate within the council over the cost for this at the time.
The park is one of the greatest gifts to be received by the city of Peterborough.
The Park comprises of 14 acres of parkland and formal gardens including many facilities including a bowling green, tennis courts, and recently a re-modernised play park.
In recent years the park has benefited from the formation of the Friends of Itter Park group who work in partnership with the city council to improve the park and play host to many events throughout the year.
In 2007 Itter Park was one of only 2 parks in the City to be awarded the Green Flag award. The Green Flag is the national standard for parks and green spaces and is awarded to best green spaces in the country as a way to encourage others. It retained this award every year since.